29 October 2017

Location: Friday Harbor, SJI to Decatur Island, WA The plan was to take Tosca to Decatur Island to house sit for friends. The forecast was for winds between 10-12 knots at the highest, so the plan was to sail as much as possible, which would also be must first chance...

28 October 2017

Location: San Juan Island, WA Took Tosca out for the afternoon with Colleen, Penelope, and Ella on board in the hopes of seeing some seals.  This would be the first time taking the boat out with a child and an additional dog. Leaving the dock was not a good experience...

15 October 2017

Location: San Juan Islands, WA Mari and I took the boat out for a sail for a couple of hours.  We stayed between Shaw, San Juan Island, and Lopez. Roller furling unfurled fine, but does not want to roll all the way back up – going to take jib down and pull in...

12 October 2017

Location: Warbass Marina, San Juan Island, WA Filled up diesel tank and after putting cap back on noticed a film on the water that seemed to be coming from mid-starboard.  Turned engine on, not sure if it helped.  No idea what the cause was as this is not the first...
It’s About Choices

It’s About Choices

This morning as I was taking Tucker out for his usual morning stroll, there was a vehicle parked on our side of the one-way street. So I took Tucker across the road assuming they were in the process of driving away. As we walked past them, the driver rolled down his...